Monday, October 8, 2018

How I Edit My Instagram Pictures

Hey everyone! Today's post is all about how I edit my Insta photos. One of the most important things when dealing with personal branding and social media marketing is making sure your pictures are pleasing to look at. That's why I have come up with a method that works best for me in order to make my pictures unique :)

1. Find your editing style

If you peek through my Instagram, all the photos have the same yellowish-tint. I did this intentionally because it serves as way that I incorporate consistency into my posts (kinda like a theme). Find the style that you enjoy the most. Personally, I like looking at pictures that are bright and neutrally-toned, therefore I went with a bright yellow theme.


2. My go-to editing apps

My favorite app to use when I edit is VSCO. This is the app I use every single time I edit and post a picture to my Instagram. I love it because it offers such a wide range of unique filters and editing tools that allow you full creativity while editing. Another app/website I use to edit photos is PicMonkey, I use this mostly for the blog because it is great for making banners, logos, etc..


3. Picture quality

The most important part of this whole process is making sure that the picture you are editing is in good quality. Choose a photo that has decent lighting and is clear.




4. Brighten

I start by increasing the exposure until the picture lightens up the way I want it to.


5. White balance

All white balance is is the balance of colors within a picture. You are able to manipulate how much of each color (red, blue, and green) shows up in your picture through editing. I like to toggle my white balance to be more yellow (more red tones).


6. Grain 

For some reason I love the look of grain on my pictures. Some people like it and some people don't but its totally up to you!



7. Picking a filter

The picture I used as an example in this post really didn't need a filter after editing using the tools mentioned above but I wanted to include one just to show you how I would normally use filters. The filter I chose for this was called "Kodak Ultra Color 100" and I first decreased the intensity of the filter itself then I added more warmth to it.






8. Post!

There it is! Those are all the simply steps I take to edit my Instagram photos. I hope you all enjoyed it, if you have any questions or comments do not hesitate to contact me!



xoxo,







1 comment: