Monday, September 17, 2018

My First Month in College

First Month Milestone...

How crazy is it that I am at the first month mark of my Freshman year of college?! I wanted to share a few things that I've learned over the course of this first month in hopes to share with some other college gals out there. 

1. Get as close to your hall mates as you can

This may go as follows but the importance of growing early relationships with those living on your floor/within your hall is crucial. I got so crazy lucky with all the amazing girls on my floor, I feel like I have known them forever. A key tip to keep in mind when trying to establish those early friendships (that is if you live in a residential hall) is to keep your door open! Now I am the perfect melted combination of an extroverted-introvert,  therefore I like my privacy, but I've found that you can reduce early-onset homesickness by simply keeping your door open for a couple hours during the day. 

2. Establish a routine early

This is easier said than done, but its super important to get yourself on a schedule early in the semester. I had to go through some trial-and-error in order to fixate myself to a routine that I liked but once I did it became so much easier to me adjust to college life. Stay tuned for a morning and night routine post!

3. Balance your time

I am going to make a separate post on ways to balance time but a huge part of beginning your college career is learning to manage your busy schedule. Something I always stress the importance of is giving yourself free-time and yes this may mean that you need to prioritize things differently which may come as a stress to some of y'all. Self-care is so incredibly important so don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment